Need some help learning Latin at home?
That's how we felt when we first cracked open our Latin books five years ago.
Learning Latin is an important aspect of a truly Classical Education.
When you can see the truths about your own language while studying an orderly and systematic language like Latin, you gain a deeper understanding of how words work. It's a beautiful thing.
Unless absolutely NOTHING MAKES SENSE!!!
SO WHY DOES IT SEEM SO HARD?
Maybe you've never studied a foreign language before, maybe you're used to learning living languages to converse with living people, maybe you just don't have the time to devote to figuring it all out on your own...
That's how we felt too!
My son, Andy, and I dove into our Latin studies together, and we've fallen in love with the language.
As a busy homeschooling mom, I know that when assignments are piling up, the household chores are neglected, and you feel like things are slipping through the cracks, sometimes I just need a little help to help my middle and high school students push through a tough concept—especially when it's something I didn't learn AT ALL when I was in school.
That’s why we created the Latin with Andy membership site.
We want to partner with you in your pursuit of Latin in hopes that you'll fall in love with it as much as we have, or at least be willing to not kick it to the curb!
($24 every 3 months)
Here's the good news: It's Easier than you think
Latin with Andy helps your student learn Latin with 3 simple tools:
1. Video Library
Short 2-7 minute videos demonstrating Latin concepts for a solid grammar level understanding of how the language works
2. Printable Resources
Students can download worksheets that correspond with each lesson to follow along with the videos. Grammar mastery charts and other downloads will also be available for download.
3. Online Community
Gain access to a private Facebook group filled with Latin learners to discuss tricky translations and concepts.
Here's what You Get in Latin With Andy
Latin Video Library
Access to hundreds of videos of Latin demonstrations
Features of the Latin with Andy Video Library:
- 100s video demonstrating how to work with the Latin language
- Resources correlate with the First Year Latin Henle text - through Lesson 31. See the lesson release schedule here. - NOTE: ANDY DOESN'T DEMONSTRATE THE EXACT EXERCISES FROM THE BOOK, JUST SIMILAR ONES! See the FAQ for more info.
- Access for your whole family!
- Tips and tricks for how to approach Latin studies from a student's perspective
- Videos organized by lesson with the concept listed in the notes
- Students can navigate through the lessons at their own pace
- Go back and review old concepts
- Start wherever you need help!
- Ad free learning zone to help your learners focus!
Download worksheets and charts to enhance learning experience
Printable Resources Include:
- Worksheets for students to follow along with the examples in the video
- Access to ALL of the Family Style Schooling Latin Charts to help students review basic Latin grammar (Declensions and Conjugations) - a $12 value
- Easy download access to all Latin printables from Family Style Schooling
- Printable flash cards with vocabulary from the Henle text - a $15 value
Connect with other Latin learners
Join us on Facebook to talk about Latin! The secret Facebook community features:
- Opportunities to ask questions about tricky translations
- Live chats with Andy to walk through your Latin questions
- Derivative inspiration for connecting Latin to the English language
- Connecting with other Latin students for more support and encouragement
Want to try it out before you join?
But what if you just don't like Andy's teaching style?
It's always hard to commit to investing in a learning tool if you don't know if it will work for your family.
Check out Lesson 1 - Nouns of the 1st Declension with all of the features.
Download the lesson worksheets and follow along with the videos. If you love it join the community!