Learning Latin is an important aspect of a truly Classical Education.
When you can see the truths about your own language while studying an orderly and systematic language like Latin, you gain a deeper understanding of how words work. It's a beautiful thing.
Unless absolutely NOTHING MAKES SENSE!!!
So Why Does It Seem So Hard?
Maybe you've never studied a foreign language before, maybe you're used to learning living languages to converse with living people, maybe you just don't have the time to devote to figuring it all out on your own...
That's how we felt too!
My son, Andy, and I dove into our Latin studies together, and we've fallen in love with the language.
As a busy homeschooling mom, I know that when assignments are piling up, the household chores are neglected, and you feel like things are slipping through the cracks, sometimes I just need a little help to help my middle and high school students push through a tough concept—especially when it's something I didn't learn AT ALL when I was in school.
That’s why we created the Latin with Andy membership site.
We want to partner with you in your pursuit of Latin in hopes that you'll fall in love with it as much as we have, or at least be willing to not kick it to the curb!
“Latin with Andy has empowered me and my student with confidence as we learn Latin. His constant encouragement and positive attitude are contagious through the screen. I am inspired that his team has done the hard work to equip us parents in our teaching. My daughter is inspired by such an incredible role model who truly enjoys Latin. Latin with Andy is an invaluable resource for anyone wishing to learn Latin!”
— Priscilla B.
($24 every 3 months)
Here's the Good News: It's Easier Than You Think
Latin with Andy helps your student learn Latin with 3 simple tools:
1. Video Library
Short 2-7 minute videos demonstrating Latin concepts for a solid grammar level understanding of how the language works
2. Printable Resources
Students can download worksheets that correspond with each lesson to follow along with the videos. Grammar mastery charts and other downloads will also be available for download.
3. Online Community
Gain access to a private Facebook group filled with Latin learners to discuss tricky translations and concepts.
“Our family is so appreciative of Latin with Andy. Not only has Andy’s instruction helped my kids work through the Henle book, but it’s helped their teacher (me) understand and apply each lesson in order to discuss it more effectively at home and in community each week. He explains each lesson and works through each style of exercise in detail. Also, his lessons from Henle 2 offer detail you just can’t get from the book at times. The videos, worksheets, and learning aids create a great package to help any parent and student get started learning Latin with Henle and continue on even when Latin gets tough!”
— Christy B. & family
Here's What You Get in Latin With Andy:
Features of the Latin with Andy Video Library:
- 100s video demonstrating how to work with the Latin language
- Resources correlate with the First Year Latin Henle text, and now includes resources for the Second Year Latin Henle text as well! NOTE: ANDY DOESN'T DEMONSTRATE THE EXACT EXERCISES FROM THE BOOK, JUST SIMILAR ONES! See the FAQ for more info.
- Access for your whole family!
- Tips and tricks for how to approach Latin studies from a student's perspective
- Videos organized by lesson with the concept listed in the notes
- Students can navigate through the lessons at their own pace
- Go back and review old concepts
- Start wherever you need help!
- Ad free learning zone to help your learners focus!
Printable Resources Include:
- Worksheets for students to follow along with the examples in the video
- Access to ALL of the Family Style Schooling Latin Charts to help students review basic Latin grammar (Declensions and Conjugations) - a $12 value
- Easy download access to all Latin printables from Family Style Schooling
- Printable flash cards with vocabulary from the Henle text - a $15 value
Join us on Facebook to talk about Latin! The secret Facebook community features:
- Opportunities to ask questions about tricky translations
- Live chats with Andy to walk through your Latin questions
- Derivative inspiration for connecting Latin to the English language
- Connecting with other Latin students for more support and encouragement
“Thank you so much for this amazing resource!
It’s so much easier to follow his videos than reading the Henle books.”
— Caroline K.
Want to Try It Out Before You Buy?
But what if you just don't like Andy's teaching style?
It's always hard to commit to investing in a learning tool if you don't know if it will work for your family.
Check out Lesson 1 - Nouns of the 1st Declension with all of the features.
Download the lesson worksheets and follow along with the videos. If you love it join the community!