Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently asked questions on a range of topics related to Latin with Andy.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- How do I cancel recurring payments if I paid with PayPal?
- How do I cancel recurring payments if I paid with Stripe?
- What if I just need to update my credit card information with Stripe?
- How do I switch from a quarterly subscription to a yearly subscription?
- What happens at the end of my subscription if I don’t renew?
- Will I get a reminder when my subscription renews/ends?
- Can I give someone a membership as a gift?
- Are there answer keys for the worksheets?
- Speaking of Henle, why aren't the video lessons matching up with my book? Do I have a different edition than Andy?
- Does Latin with Andy replace the Henle text?
- What pronunciation do you use?
- Contact: email@example.com
- Is the site down?
- I've just registered and every time I click something, it asks me to register again. Do I have to register more than once?
- Can I change my profile picture?
How do I cancel recurring payments if I paid with PayPal?
- If you set up your membership with PayPal, it's easy to manage your subscription. Use this form to ensure you won't be charged again unless you want to sign up again.
How do I cancel recurring payments if I paid with Stripe?
- If you set up your membership with Stripe, you can cancel your membership using this form. Here's a quick video that walks you through it:
If you just need to modify your billing card on file, use this form.
How do I switch from a quarterly subscription to a yearly subscription?
Use the forms below to upgrade based on the method you paid with:
What happens at the end of my subscription if I don’t renew?
- At the End of Term (EOT), your log in credentials will be removed from Latin with Andy. Since there isn't any record of completed work, you're not going to lose any information if this happens. You're always welcome to join back again if you want help with Latin.
Will I get a reminder when my subscription renews/ends?
- Customers will be reminded via email both 5 days and 1 day in advance of the cancellation (and deletion of info).
Can I give someone a membership as a gift?
- If you'd like to share Latin with Andy with a friend, use this form to set up a 3 month membership for them without a recurring payment. If you'd like to gift a 12 month, use this form.
Are there answer keys for the worksheets?
First of all, the worksheets are video companion guides. This means that their purpose is to help your student follow along with Andy. He will work through the questions on the sheets. So really their main purpose is so that you don't have to struggle to read Andy's handwriting on the board. Additionally they can be used later as a reference tool as you work through the Henle text.
If you want to quickly check you're student's work, hop on the Latin with Andy site, click on a video, and click somewhere near the end of the progress bar. Pause the video and see if the work on Andy's board looks similar to what your student has filled in.
Speaking of Henle, why aren't the video lessons matching up with my book? Do I have a different edition than Andy?
Andy has worked to create examples that go over the same concepts presented in the Henle book without doing your work for you. The purpose is to demonstrate what the exercise is asking of the student. Also, this helps honor copyright issues that might arise if he just took all of the examples directly from the text. You'll see different vocabulary words, but you don't have to memorize anything extra as the new words will be listed on the companion guide.
You're always welcome to come ask specific questions about an exercise in Henle in the Latin with Andy Facebook group.
Does Latin with Andy replace the Henle text?
No. The video companion guides do not provide enough practice for a student to truly master the concepts presented. The goal is to give students confidence to complete their exercises correctly and efficiently. Andy keeps his videos short so that you'll have plenty of time to work on further exercises.
What pronunciation do you use?
We use the Classical system (also referred to as the Roman system - grammar #1018). While we aim to be as consistent as possible, this is a dead language and pronunciation is not as important as writing the forms correctly.
Is the site down?
If you're getting a message like this: "The webpage at https://player.vimeo.com/video/223808430 might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address" you may have a restriction on your browser that's blocking your access. Typically, families that use a Disney Circle to monitor their family's internet access receive this message. You'll need to adjust your settings through your internet restrictions tool to allow your students to see the videos. Since they're hosted on Vimeo, sometimes these types of tools think that the videos are questionable. I can guarantee that these are clean and safe for the whole family!
If the site is actually down, you won't be able to load anything! We'll work to get it back up ASAP.
I've just registered and every time I click something, it asks me to register again. Do I have to register more than once?
No! Occasionally there is a glitch in the system that doesn't connect your payment to your account in Latin with Andy. If this happens, check to see that you've been charged first. If you have, send me an e-mail and we'll get your account fixed up! Sorry in advance (this doesn't happen too often).
Can I change my profile picture?
At this time, the only thing you can adjust on your profile is your password. My goal in restricting the profile settings is to help limit the distractions that students might encounter when they enter the WordPress dashboard...they might never find their way back!
Latin with Andy Facebook Group
3 Month Gift Membership
12 Month Gift Membership