Did you know that November is National Picture Book Month? I don't think you can ever be too old to enjoy a good picture book, so I'm happy to let you know that I'll be an ambassador this month to share some great picture books with you.
This post may contain affiliate links. See my full disclosure policy for more details.
I'm excited to be partnering with other bloggers this month to put together a month of meeting new authors, enjoying new illustrators, and making new crafts. Every day I'll be sharing their posts with you on my Facebook page, twitter, and on Pinterest. Even if you don't have time to do all the crafts (because who does), you might find a new author to check out and introduce to your kids.
Here's the calendar so you can look forward to all the fun that will be going on this month:
To get the excitement rolling, Katie Davis, a founder of the Picture Book Month, put together a video of how the authors and illustrators answered the question: "What is a picture book?"
Just for fun, I thought I'd share my family's all time favorite picture books:
- The Napping House by Audrey Wood
- Are You My Mother by P.D. Eastman
- The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein
- Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
- Brave Irene by William Steig
- Miss Nelson is Missing by Harry G. Allard, Jr.
- The Story of Ferdinand by Munro Leaf
- The Story about Ping by Marjorie Flack
- Make Way for Ducklings by Robert McCloskey
- Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak
- Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel by Virginia Lee Burton
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle
There are so many wonderful picture books, I could go on for days!
What are some of your family's favorite picture books?
Betsy Strauss is an unexpected homeschooler, mother of three, who is in a relationship with a sweet man for life. She loves reading books, drinking coffee, and learning anything with her kids.