One of my dad's absolute favorite things to do was give away Bibles. He would go away on a business trip and come back with the address of the guy he sat next to on the plane that he was going to mail a Bible. Even in his Sixth Grade Sunday School class, the big event at the end of a year of reading the Bible was receiving a leather bound student Bible with their name on it. As my kids enter this difficult stage of their spiritual development, I too want to encourage their love of the Word in a way that cultivates a deep kind of faith of their own.
When I heard about this new NIV Bible for Teen Girls, I wanted to check it out to see if it would be something that my nearly teen would enjoy. Once she got her hands on it, she didn't want to let it go.
I received a copy of the NIV Bible for Teen Girls for free in exchange for my honest opinion.
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for more details.
NIV Bible for Teen Girls Features
- DAILY READINGS by popular Christian female authors including Bethany Hamilton (Soul Surfer), Annie Downs, Christine Caine, Nicole Weider, Elsa Kok Colopy, Crystal Kirgiss, Bekah Hamrick Martin, Denise Van Eck, and more. It's exciting to me to have input from other believers that can help encourage a budding faith.
- CHARACTER PROFILES of women in the Bible - At the back, there is an index of fifty of the women in the Bible that leads you to the pages that highlight the character, a key verse, name meaning, and where her story can be found, and then a devotional about what we can learn from their lives.
- BOOK INTRODUCTIONS for each book of the Bible - It is so important for new Bible studiers to have a little help knowing more about how the book fits into the greater story of the Bible. These introductions feature the time period of the book, main characters, and familiar verses. They also offer a quick synopsis of the book to give the reader a frame of reference for reading. This was one of my daughter's favorite features.
- HIGHLIGHTED PROMISES OF GOD are verses worth remembering - Throughout the Bible there are verses highlighted in pink that are key to building faith, hope, and love.
- A CONCORDANCE for help in finding verses - It's always great to have a place to look up verses that pertain to a topic of interest.
Now for the Giveaway
If you want to find out more about this Bible, you can learn more at their official website, or ask questions on Facebook or Twitter. This would make a wonderful Christmas present, so check it out on Amazon, both the hardback as seen in my pictures, or the leather bound.
Until then, enter to win this great Bible for a teen girl in your life. Even if you don't have one living in your family, win it for a friend and bless their teen aged daughter!
Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post.
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.
What features do you look for in a Bible?
Betsy Strauss is an unexpected homeschooler, mother of three, who is in a relationship with a sweet man for life. She loves reading books, drinking coffee, and learning anything with her kids.