I was talking to my teenage niece the other day and we were discussing how even though she's never had a "Valentine" date on Valentine's Day, the holiday has always been fun to celebrate and look forward to. She attributes this to the fact that her Nana throws the best Valentine's Day grandkids parties. Every year my niece is surrounded by the people that she loves, and she feels her Nana's unconditional love—and that's worth celebrating.
I feel the same about God's Word. Every time I open my Bible, I feel the unconditional love of God pouring off the pages and showing how much He loves me even though I'm pretty unlovable most days!
And yet, He demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us (Romans 5:8). How do you respond to a great love like that?
It's worth pondering, discussing, debating, contemplating, and believing.
What I love about scripture is that it doesn't just tell us this truth once and hope we catch it the first time. God repeats this theme throughout his word in so many beautiful ways.
He tells us straight out: I LOVE YOU!
If you don't believe him, check out the gift that's better than a dozen red roses: He sent his son to die for you.
Succulents are such hardy plants because they are saturated with water that will sustain them for a long time. We should be the same way—saturate our souls with the living water so that we might withstand the heat, trials, and troubles that come our way.
My daughter and I created a set of six succulent love verse coloring sheets to celebrate finding true love in God's Word! It's our free gift to share God's love with those around us. The verses featured include:
- Deuteronomy 6:5 - Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength.
- Micah 6:8 - What does the Lord require of you? To act justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God.
- John 14:21 - The one who loves me will be loved by my Father and I too will love them and show myself to them.
- Romans 5:8 - But God demonstrates His own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
- 1 Peter 4:8 - Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.
- 1 John 4:9 - This is how God showed His love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through Him.
Download your free Succulent Love Verse Coloring sheets here!
May God's love be evident in your life today! Happy Valentine's Day!