Happy Father’s Day
This past week I've been taking a moment to honor my father. It's been over ten father's days since I've been able to hug his neck and tell him how much I appreciate him. If he were here today, I'd thank him for all of the ways he cultivated my faith:
- Cultivating a love of God's word - he watered the soil of a tender young heart...saturating it in Truth.
- Asking eternal questions - he made it clear what he valued by the kinds of questions he asked...pointing me towards the Truth.
- Opening my eyes to spiritual applications - he introduced me to the character of the Lord through pictures and stories...incarnating the Truth.
- Exposing me to great men of faith...he provided examples of great faith to inspire my own...reinforcing the Truth.
- Highlighting the value of wisdom...he pointed me towards the scripture to learn how to identify wisdom...empowering me with the Truth.
- Challenging me to memorize scripture...he provided opportunities to hide God's word in my heart...tying me to God's Truth.
- Exposing his flaws transparently...he willingly shared his past with anyone who would listen...confirming God's Truth.
Happy Father's Day
Betsy Strauss is an unexpected homeschooler, mother of three, who is in a relationship with a sweet man for life. She loves reading books, drinking coffee, and learning anything with her kids.
Leave a Comment