I'm so excited that it is that time of year again: Gift Basket Giveaway time!! This is my FAVORITE giveaway that I participate in every August with other bloggers from the iHomeschool Network. This year, I have an epic basket to share with you, and one lucky winner will get over $160 worth of American history resources to enjoy! Here's the loot (everything pictured below except the basket...and the little stand up presidents - you'll get your own book to build your own)! Make sure to read to the end of the post so you can enter the giveaway and check out all of the other amazing baskets my friends have put together!
- Draw the USA - The geography draw series is how I first was introduced to Kristin J. Draeger and her fabulous art resources. This is one of nine books in her series, and you really need to own them all! If you're studying American history, you'll want this book to help your students learn more about this great country!
- American Art History - Volume 1 - This beautiful, full color text book is a beautiful resource, and I'm honestly a bit sad that I have to give it away! There are so many fascinating things in the realm of American Art that I would love to study with my kids. This is a gem!
- Drawing American Art - Volume 1 - This is a fun drawing instructional book that leads students in a step-by-step fashion to reproducing some famous American artwork.
- American Art Bingo - Volume 1 - This book contains 32 images and 20 bingo cards (10 usable at any one time) and instructions. The beautiful full color paintings are worth it alone!
Serious Fun: Homeschooling with Real Books - If you're looking for a resource for great living books, this volume has it all. The following is a list of books (over 1,500, including some games and dvds) that Kristin used for Kindergarten through 8th grade and that she highly recommend. She has chosen only the best and has organized them in what is an accessible way. They represent hundreds of hours of research on her part, and thousands of hours of writing and drawing on the part of the authors and illustrators whose works are represented here.
Dover Publishing American History Resources
- American Presidents Coloring Book - From George Washington to Donald J. Trump, this fact-filled coloring book chronicles the history of all 45 US Presidents. Each Chief Executive is depicted in an image drawn from real life, and most portraits feature backgrounds that reflect significant events from the president's administration. Every illustration includes a detailed caption, making this book a practical reference as well as a source of coloring fun.
- Presidents Facts and Fun Activity Book - Won't you help George Washington find his false teeth? And guide Barack Obama to his lost basketball? Perhaps you'd like to seek out Van Buren's bag of gold, discover Harding's teapot, and locate Taft's gavel? More than 30 mazes, search-and-find puzzles, and spot-the-differences activities feature playful illustrations and intriguing tidbits about our nation's leaders, from their nicknames and birthdays to their hobbies and pets.
Alexander Hamilton Coloring Book - Kids can color as they learn about the legendary Alexander Hamilton, whose fascinating life has spawned numerous books, articles, and a Tony Award®-winning Broadway musical. Captions accompany the well-researched illustrations, which recount the Founding Father's life and times, starting with his childhood in the West Indies and arrival in America. The realistic images portray Hamilton's roles as a soldier, lawyer, and statesman, climaxing in a depiction of the duel that ended his life.
U.S.A. Constitution Activity Book - Solve the puzzles to discover fun facts about the U. S. Constitution! These mazes, secret codes, crosswords, and other puzzles offer an entertaining way to learn about the Constitution, the foundation of the supreme law of the United States. Thirty-four challenges reveal significant facts, such as who signed the Constitution, where and when the delegates gathered, how the document made the United States into a nation, and other fascinating historical details. Includes solutions.
Discovering Washington, D.C. Activity Book: Awesome Activities About Our Nation's Capital - Take a whirlwind tour of Washington, D.C., with this fun-filled book of puzzles! Discover interesting facts about Capitol Hill, the National Mall, the White House, and other famous landmarks of Washington, D.C., including museums, parks, and monuments as well as neighborhoods around the city. Along the way, you'll solve crosswords, search-a-words, mazes, word scrambles, and other challenges that will make this trip to our nation's capital both memorable and fun.
United States Coloring Book - Which state — known as the "Golden State" — has trees that grow up to 300 feet high? Which East Coast state contains a re-creation of an authentic nineteenth-century sailing village? And which state leads all others in growing oranges? You'll find the answers to these questions and many others in this exciting coloring book spotlighting each of the 50 states.
The White House Cut & Assemble - Follow these complete, simple instructions and clear diagrams to create an expertly designed, beautifully crafted, authentically detailed model of the White House. On a 1-to-10 scale of difficulty in which 10 represents the hardest level, this easy but elaborate model rates as a 2. It's printed in full color on heavy stock at N scale. Appropriate for ages 8 and up, this model appeals to hobbyists of all ages and makes a great family activity. The complete model measures 9 3/4 W x 8 1/2 D x 4 1/2 H.
Standups! Presidents: 8 Easy-to-Make Models! - Every day is Presidents' Day with these charming 5-inch-high figures of George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and six other Chief Executives. The easy-to-make punch-out models come with simple assembly instructions that will have them standing proud in no time. Figures include: Andrew Jackson, Theodore Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Thomas Jefferson, and Barack Obama.
A Few of My Favorite Things
I've also thrown in a couple of my favorite American history resources into the mix!
D. L. Moody: Bringing Souls to Christ (Christian Heroes: Then & Now) - Seventeen-year-old Dwight Lyman Moody changed his name, moved to Boston, and began pursuing dreams of becoming a wealthy businessman. But God had other plans for him. Instead of business, evangelism was to be his life's work. D.L. devoted his life to proclaiming the gospel, serving the poor, and mentoring fellow ministers. A leader of great vision, D. L. Moody served his fellow man through Civil War outreach, his Sunday school and church, and revival campaigns in America and abroad. His passion for bringing souls to Christ continues to be felt today in Christian education and ministry everywhere.
Who Was George Washington? - In 1789, George Washington became the first president of the United States. He has been called the father of our country for leading America through its early years. Washington also served in two major wars during his lifetime: the French and Indian War and the American Revolution. With over 100 black-and-white illustrations, Washington's fascinating story comes to life - revealing the real man, not just the face on the dollar bill!
- United States Felt Map - Wall Hanging Felt United States of America is meant to help foster fine motor skills, letters and spelling, critical thinking, spatial relations, and independent learning. Map measures 31.5'' x 23.5'' and tacks easily to wall (hardware not included). Includes 24 landmark icons.
Win American History Resources for Your Family
I've packed this giveaway with as many great resources as I possibly can, and I'm so excited to pack it up and ship it off to one lucky winner! Contest runs from August 7, 2017 thru August 14, 2017. The winner will be notified by email on August 15th. You'll have 24 hours to respond, and if you don't, I'll assume you want someone else to win. Check out the raffle copter giveaway below to enter!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
I love that you have the opportunity to win more than one gift basket this fall! Click below and enter to win them all!! Have fun!
28 homeschool bloggers have joined together to provide one massive back-to-homeschool basket giveaway! Take a peek around these 28 sites and enter to win as many baskets as you like. Each blogger is conducting her own giveaway, so you never know…you may end up winning more than one! All giveaways will be live on Monday, August 7.
(1) Our Favorite Literature by Geek Families
(2) Ocean Learning Gift Basket by See Jamie Blog
(3) Getting Back to Homeschool Bundle Giveaway by Renée at Great Peace
(4) Back to High School Giveaway Basket by BJ's Homeschool
(5) Hands-On Learning Basket by Homeschool Hideout
(6) Box of Preschool Busy Bags by Happy Brown House
(7) Middle School Homeschool Curriculum Giveaway by Starts At Eight
(8) Life of Fred Math Books Gift Basket by Look! We're Learning!
(9) Medieval England Unit Study Basket by Table Life Blog
(10) Favorite Homeschool Things With a Texas Twist by Classic Housewife
(11) Bible Study for Kids giveaway by Adventures in Mommydom
(12) Back to Homeschool Morning Time Gift Basket by Everyday Graces
(13) Mom's Quiet Time Gift Basket Giveaway by Embracing Destiny
(14) Five Days of Fine Motor Fun by This Outnumbered Mama
(15) Plan to Play Basket by Hide The Chocolate
(16) Middle and High School Living Book Lover’s Delight! by Tina's Dynamic Homeschool Plus
(17) American History & Government Back to School Pack by Blog, She Wrote
(18) Create Your Family Mission Statement by Not So Formulaic
(19) The Home Education Road Map Scholarship Homeschool Giveaway by Grace, Grow & Edify
(20) Homeschooling Through the Seasons Basket by Amy's Wandering
(21) Elephant and Piggie Favorite Book Characters Giveaway by Line upon Line Learning
(22) Back to Homeschool Giveaway 2017 by That Bald Chick
(23) Back to School Shopping Spree by Sallie Borrink
(24) Travel the Globe with a World Geography Gift Basket by Eva Varga
(25) Getting Started with Home Education by My Little Robins
(26) Back to Homeschool Online Music Course Giveaway by I Choose Joy!
(27) Growing Science Resource Basket by The Learning Hypothesis
(28) The Great American History Gift Basket by Family Style Schooling
Betsy Strauss is an unexpected homeschooler, mother of three, who is in a relationship with a sweet man for life. She loves reading books, drinking coffee, and learning anything with her kids.