It is no secret that I am a crazy book loving homeschool mom. We’re nearing that point where we’re going to be back into our full time fall school routine. To celebrate, I’d like to share some of my favorite things with one of my lucky readers!
I’m not alone in this crazy back-to-school giveaway craze. Some of the bloggers at the iHomeschool Network have joined the party and created baskets of their own – 52 in fact! And there are some ridiculously amazing gift baskets out there! You’ll want to check them all out.
My basket is packed with books and goodies that I think you’ll love. All together, it’s valued around $200! However, the value in educational excitement is priceless. Check it out:
My Favorite Science Resources
- Christian Kids Explore Biology – I absolutely love the science curriculum from Bright Ideas Press. We’ve used Christian Kids Explore Earth and Space (which would be wonderful for Foundations Cycle 2), but this year our whole family is focusing on Biology. So we’re diving into this great study. I’m so thankful to Bright Ideas Press for donating a copy of this material to my giveaway!
- Solar System Online Unit Study – Another great science resource is this Online Unit study of the solar system generously donated by the Techie Homeschool Mom. She’s put together a wealth of learning resources to facilitate a love of learning. You’ll get a code to access this online study in your package of gifts!
- Sharks (Usborne Fact Cards) – I love so many of the Usborne books. They are great reference tools, and these Shark cards are no different. We enjoy looking through these and wondering at the creativity of our great Designer.
My Favorite Geography Resources
- Draw Europe – I’ve told you how much I love these geography drawing books, and since we’re focusing on Europe this year in Classical Conversations, I wanted to add this to my gift basket.
- Draw Asia II – Thanks to Kristin Draeger, I also get to include the second volume of books covering Asia. I’m close to owning all of her volumes! I just need Draw Mexico, Central, & South America, which was just released, to complete my set.
- Give Your Child the World: Raising Globally Minded Kids One Book at a Time – Zondervan has generously donated this amazing book by Jamie Martin to my give away. If you’re looking for a way to cultivate compassion in you children for the people of the world, this book offers a carefully selected book list of excellent stories to introduce your children to cultures and countries. It will be an excellent resource for choosing read alouds throughout the year.
My Favorite Literature Resources
- How To Teach Your Children Shakespeare – Every homeschooling parent needs this book. It’s such a fun way to familiarize your students with Shakespeare. We have been using it in our morning time, and we love it. I can’t wait to get further in this year.
- The Annotated Brothers Grimm – Another favorite resource is this fairy tale anthology. The Grimm brothers have some crazy stories, but they awaken the moral imagination in children like nothing else. I hope you enjoy this one!
My Favorite Children’s History Author – Jean Fritz
- Around the World in a Hundred Years: From Henry the Navigator to Magellan – I absolutely love how Jean Fritz brings history to life for young readers. This books is one of my favorites, and it fits beautifully with Foundations Cycle 2. Since I didn’t have an excellent education in history, I appreciate books like this that provide an approachable entry into the basics of history.
- The Great Little Madison (Unforgettable Americans) – She also writes some great biographies. I love learning more about the people that have shaped our present.
My Favorite Latin Resources
- Latin Master Declension Charts – These have been such a great resource for getting a grip on Latin. When you’re comfortable with the basics, the rest becomes so much easier.
- Latin Verb Conjugation – The same goes with verbs. I spent a year guessing with verbs. Once my son and I started copying these conjugation charts, we had such a easier time with our assignments. (He did much better than I did). These are both PDF resources, so if you win my basket, you’ll get these in an e-mail!
My Favorite Encouragements for Mom
- Are You Enough? Encouragement for the Overwhelmed & Exhausted Homeschool Mom – Roxanne Parks has the gift of encouragement. Every homeschool mom has moments where they feel inadequate to complete the task before them. It’s a great read!
- Child Training Boot Camp: A Thirty-Day Bible Study – Pam Forster has graduated six from her homeschool. Walking mothers through scripture, Pam encourages women to cultivate character in their children.
My Favorite School Supplies
- Ultra Fine Expo Dry Erase Markers – I love these dry erase markers for copying charts. They have such a fine tip, you can actually read what your kids write!
- Reusable Dry Erase Pocket – These are so cool. You can put any worksheet in the pocket and students can fill it out without making tons of copies. If you put a white piece of paper in it, you can have an instant white board. These are so much fun!
- Norwex Travel EnviroCloth – I’ve recently fallen in love with Norwex cloths. They work amazingly well as white board erasers! These little travel size ones are perfect for keeping your white board white.
- Z-Grip Pens – There is nothing more fun than colored pens. It makes school work so much fun!
So who wants to win this gift basket giveaway? Enter now!!
This giveaway is open to age 18+ Continental US readers of Family Style Schooling. Please allow 2 weeks for delivery of prizes. Winner will be contacted via email and will have 24 hours to respond. Update: This giveaway has closed. Due to the great response, I added a bonus gift of the Latin Charts to another winner. Thanks to all of you who entered!
I’m not the only one offering a crazy back to school giveaway! Check out these amazing baskets filled with great resources from my iHomeschool Network homeschool blogging friends!
52 homeschool bloggers have joined together to provide one massive back-to-homeschool basket giveaway! Take a peek around these 52 sites and enter to win as many baskets as you like. Each blogger is conducting her own giveaway, so you never know…you may end up winning more than one! All giveaways will be live on Monday, August 15.
(1) Our Favorite Literature by Milk and Cookies
(2) Civitas Family Game Night Basket by Bright Ideas Press
(3) Back to Homeschool Giveaway by Blog, She Wrote
(4) Elementary Homeschool Curriculum Giveaway by Starts at Eight
(5) Geography Basket For All Ages by Classic Housewife
(6) A Collection of Disney Luxuries for Mom by Education Possible
(7) A Few of My Favorite Things by Family Style Homeschooling
(8) Nature Study Through Art Bag by Weller Momma
(9) Back to School Shopping Spree Giveaway by Sallie Borrink
(10) Family Fitness Fun by Mama Teaches
(11) All About Art Basket by Table Life
(12) The Homeschool Sisters’ Favorite Books by The Homeschool Sisters Podcast
(13) A Gift Basket for High School @ Home by BJ’s Homeschool Encouragement
(14) Writing & Journaling Gift Basket by Sprouting Tadpoles
(15) Nature Journaling Giveaway by Faithful With the Little
(16) Art Study Coloring Book Basket Giveaway by Look! We’re Learning
(17) Super Science and More Basket by Great Peace Academy
(18) Alicia’s Favorite Things Gift Basket by Investing Love
(19) Homeschooling Kindergarten (Math, Reading, Science, and More) by Line Upon Line Learning
(20) Science Workbooks & Elementary Math DVDs Giveaway Basket by Busy Boys Brigade
(21) Art Appreciation Basket by Flourish
(22) Mom’s Back to Homeschool Gift Basket by Chaotic Bliss Homeschooling
(23) Homeschool Organization Motivation: 11 Gadgets To Get You Going by Tina’s Dynamic Homeschool Plus
(24) STEM Basket by Teach Beside Me
(25) Preschool Play by Faith Filled Parenting
(26) Cultivate a Love of Beauty in Your Homeschool by Everyday Graces
(27) ThinkFun Back To School Basket by My Little Poppies
(28) Mom’s Break Time Gift Basket by Embracing Destiny
(29) How to Build a Connection with Nature in Your Homeschool by Eva Varga
(30) At-Home Mom Retreat Basket by 2:1 Conference
(31) Eclectic Learning by From the Desk of Adena F.
(32) Eclectic Homeschool Fun by Raising Lifelong Learners
(33) John Grishom Adventure Pack for Tweens by The Kennedy Adventures
(34) All About Reading Level 1 Basket by All About Learning Press
(35) Explore the World This Year by Pat and Candy
(36) Harmony Fine Arts and Draw Squad Bundle by Harmony Fine Arts
(37) A Grace-Filled Home Basket by Amy’s Wandering
(38) Explore the World Through Literature Giveaway by Enjoy the Learning
(39) Fall in Love with American Sign Language by Rochelle Barlow
(40) Catholic Kids Back to School Basket by The Kennedy Adventures
(41) New Millennium Girls Language Bundle by New Millennium Girl Books
(42) Poetry Teatime Starter Kit by Homeschooling Without Training Wheels
(43) Circle C Milestones Literature Unit Study by Circle C Adventures
(44) Boy’s Gold-Rush Adventure Literature Unit Study by Circle C Adventures
(45) Young Pony Lover’s Reading Unit Study by Circle C Adventures
(46) Horse Lover’s Literature Unit Study by Circle C Adventures
(47) Favorite Fast and Fun Games by The Hmmmschooling Mom
(48) For the Birds! by Handbook of Nature Study
(49) My Favourite Things for Back to Homeschool by Up Above the Rowan Tree
(50) Sensory Resources Gift Basket by Mama of Many Blessings
(51) Back to Homeschool Planning Giveaway by Sam’s Noggin
(52) Tween Girls Book Basket by The Kennedy Adventures